Welcome to OutThink – a blog for home builder marketing, sales, architecture, and construction executives who are looking to up their game. Create the best homes and optimal experience for buyers shopping online and in your sales centers with insights from Outhouse staff, digital marketing experts, sales gurus, designers, architects and engineers. Push the boundaries with OutThink.
- Pants Optional – Episode Two: The Mindset CommuteBefore working from home my daily 16-mile commute in Phoenix, Arizona was 23-minutes each way. Other employees ranged from a few minutes away to several driving over an hour each way. Regardless of the time, nobody complained about adding their commute time back in their lives, but after a while, many people discovered there was a downside.
- Facing a Challenge? An OKR Might Solve ItI moved to downtown Phoenix last year for the view and big-city feel. The 19-story Stewart Apartments offers sweeping views of the Valley, and a rooftop pool. It also comes with some issues unique to downtown living, one being parking. As I think about the situation, I realize this is the perfect opportunity to implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Creating Great PlansOffering outstanding home plans is one of the most fundamental requirements of a successful home building business. Business writers and academics alike constantly refer to price and product as two of the cornerstones for success in any business. In this section, I will discuss the individual components that determine whether a plan is perceived as outstanding or just another “nice house.”
- Pants Optional – Episode One: Where Do I Start?Pants Optional is a series focused on advice to company Owners, Managers, and Employees on how to be successful in a Work-From-Home business model. Episode One: Where Do I Start?
- New Year – New Front Door!“There’s a new front door, and it’s online.” This quote from new home sales expert Kerry Mulcrone of Kerry and Co., on changes in the buying process, sums up how much the world has evolved in less than a year. The significant shift to online new home sales was the main topic of discussion at home builder marketer Meredith Oliver’s January Builder Town Hall.
- Growing Sales with Bitmojis – a Lesson for Home Builders from Ralph LaurenHow resilience, agility, and focusing on what matters most lead to success in both retail and in home building. Thoughts on a webinar featuring Patrice Louvet, President & CEO of Ralph Lauren.